Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Jasper.

This weekend was great. My Mommy came into town from Coeur d'Alene and it is ALWAYS so nice to have her around. It made both Stu and I want to move to CdA to be closer to them. Kaden was absolutely in LOVE with his "Momma E". He followed her around and wanted her approval for everything he did. It was so great.

We ended the weekend by getting a puppy! :) He is a 14-week-old black lab mix from the Humane Society and he is so sweet. I had been adamant that we couldn't get a dog yet. We were both starting school, another baby on the way, we just didn't have enough time or love for a puppy right now. But then he did the unthinkable and showed me a picture of a sweet little 14-week old puppy with a blue bandanna around his neck. I melted. I caved.
We jumped in the car with my Mom and my cousin Flower (who had also fallen in love with him by just his picture) and headed down to the Humane Society. It took us less than ten minutes to locate him and then before I knew it, we were signing adoption papers and picking out a collar and leash.

We named his Jasper and brought him home and then Stu and I set off in search of a doggy bed and supplies for him. He got to go play with my Uncle Doug's dogs (Woodie and Ozzy) and then we all went home. He has been so great so far with potty training and getting used to his new place in our family and we have been happy to have him. Kaden and Jasper play for much longer than Kaden used to play by himself and last night he didn't go potty in his "kennel" (our mud room) at all! So that's great!
Stu and I both grew up with black labs so it is a nice tradition to pass down to our son. :)

Jasper playing with the other dogs at Marcia's house.


Taking a little snooze.

We start school today and as I type this, Stu is sitting in his Sociology class (hopefully taking lots of notes! :)) I have math after work tonight in a double session (on Tuesdays) so I won't be home until after 7, which sucks, but hopefully the next 4 months will fly by and then we will be that much closer to our degrees when the new addition to our family makes his or her arrival this summer.

1 comment:

  1. Yaaaay for doggies! :-) I can't wait to get one. Haha I just need to be somewhere where I don't have to pay hundreds of dollars in deposits to have one!

    ReplyDelete