Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween et cetera

I’m starting to get quite a bit of slack for neglecting my blog lately so here’s what’s been going on since the last blog.

First, I didn’t get the job I really wanted, which totally sucks. But I have another interview set up for this coming week with an actually better job as far as pay goes. The hours still won’t be what I wanted, but beggars can’t be choosers.

Kristin and I took our boys to the pumpkin patch this weekend to pick out pumpkins which was pretty cool expect that it was freezing and my Kaden screamed for the last 20 minutes because he was cold and tired and cranky. It was one of the hundred times I keep thinking how much easier my life is with Stu around. He could have carried the pumpkin while I carried Kaden instead of me trying to balance both or alternating between poor Kristin lugging my pumpkin while I carried Kaden and me holding my pumpkin while I nudged Kaden on his butt to keep him walking in front of me. Either way, it wasn’t quite the outing we were looking for.

I also got to go to Kyle and Melissa’s last weekend for a barbecue and to chat and catch up which was wonderful. I’ve hung out with Melissa a couple times this week and it’s so nice having my best friend back within hang-out distance.

I headed over to Jo's the night before Halloween because we were supposed to be carving pumpkins, but we got to chatting and hanging out and it got pushed back and then it was past bedtime and we had to go. But it was really nice to see her whole family and talk with everyone since it's been so long that I've been able to sit and talk with them. I even talked to Mike about what actually happened with Ann (first-hand is always scarier than second) and we talked about her and favorite memories, etc. She is still not doing well and they had decided to remove life support when she suddenly made a turn for the better so they are still in limbo now playing the waiting game. I cannot imagine what that must feel like. It's hard enough for me and she isn't my own Mom. So keep the thoughts and prayers coming. They certainly couldn't hurt.

Halloween was pretty fun. I made dinner enough to feed an army (sloppy joes, corn, and mac and cheese) and Kristin, Kaden, Andy, Taylor, Melissa, and of course Marcia and Deven were there to eat and then take the little kids trick-or-treating (my Kaden’s first time ever). Kaden was totally confused at first, but soon got to hang of it and I was proud that our boys made it all the way around the big block before they were tired and ready to come back in. They got quite a bit of candy and we called it a night pretty early (because who knew that just taking 3 kids trick-or-treating could be so exhausting?)

Today Melissa and I went to Flower’s play (Frankenstein 1930) and it was totally cute. I was pretty impressed with the actors and it was definitely worth going to see. We had a good time. Then we headed to Fred Meyer to get a Crock Pot and Basketball Hoop that were on sale (yay for sale ads again!). It ended up being an adventure because they were “out” of them at the store we went to, so after 20 minutes of the stock boy looking and checking the back, he called 4 different Valley stores and they were all out of it too. We agreed that we were defeated and were leaving when the guy ran back up to us to tell us they’d found one (in the Barbie section on the top shelf in the very back) so we got the last one and Kaden LOVED it!

We picked up Papa Murphy’s on the way home, which, for those who are service members, you should know, they give 50% off the first pizza!!! So we got two pizzas for one and a half, which was great. We got back home tonight and I made crab dip and then we had the pizzas and then Melissa and I hung out until bed time. Now I’m trying to plow through this so I can get to sleep. I’m still feeling really crappy and though it has been a pretty fun day, it was also definitely a long one.

For those who are friends of mine on Facebook, I posted a new album with pics from Halloween as well as our first week back in Boise if you want to take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment