Wednesday, May 7, 2008

We Moved!

It rained today! Apparently. I didn’t get to see it, but Stu sent me a text on his way to work that said it was raining. When Kaden and I got up it was hazy outside, but no wet. Heh. So yeah, I still haven’t seen it, but it can rain here! Weird!

Well, we got moved… our stuff at least. We are not set up here yet, that is my job today. The bad news is that we don’t have internet for another week because Stu has to go to Etisalat to change our service over, then they have to physically come out here again and plug a thing into the phone line and tada, Internet works. It’s so lame that they can’t just go “ok” and then our internet will magically be where we need it. Anyway, so it just means that I can’t post this blog until we get internet again.

(next day)

As anticipated I’ve been getting emails complaining that I haven’t blogged in a week! Haha (Sorry Jen!) I have to hold my computer out the window to get an internet connection again so it is pretty hard for me to get on. BUT, I am writing this in word and will post it today!

So guess what? My champion husband is going to be in his first fight this weekend!!! As I mentioned before, there is a very high-profile fight here annually and it just happened to be less than two weeks after Stu started training again! He was anxious and worried and didn’t know if he wanted to do it or not, but I said why not fight? How many people on the planet can say they not only trained with the best in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, but also fought in the highest purse fight there is! The gym looks awesome. They have been gearing up for this weekend and so there are huge banners printed and hung on the railings around the gym and they brought in some cool new stands and stuff. Stu weighed in yesterday at 75 kilos and didn’t believe me when I did the conversion on my phone and told him it was 165. He’s like, “That can’t be right… that’s ten pounds less than when I came here.” I said that one kilo is 2.2 pounds and so you multiply 2.2 times your weight in kilos and yep, that’s 165! Haha. So he was blown away, but he was signed up to fight at 79 kilos, which is about 175. So he is pondering whether to try to drop weight to 72 kilos (158 lbs.) in two days, or just fight guys that outweigh him. So we fixed his diet a little bit, but he isn’t trying hard to cut weight since this is his first fight anyway and he isn’t in perfect shape anyway. He looks great and has been working his butt of training, but I can only imagine what a few more months will do to him.

So I will hopefully be able to take pictures this weekend. Apparently we get VIP seating, so that will be cool too. I will let everyone know all about it.

On a more boring note, I got the house set up… I’ll tell you what, having more living space does wonders for feeling isolated. Just the more open rooms and my HUGE kitchen (yay!) help me feel so much more happy. I can see a lot more of the city from up here too, not just the building across from us, haha. So that’s been nice too. I WANT to cook more now with the open kitchen. So, as soon as I get my internet back I’ll be back on my recipe sites and making more nummy-ness!

I think that’s all for now. I will write more and post pictures when I have internet again.

1 comment:

  1. It was good to hear from you....we were wondering what was going on since we haven't had any new news from you in almost a week!! WE miss seeing our little man but maybe we can call you this weekend. Oh wait...will you have the same phone number?? Let us know when you get your packages so I can discard my copy of the mailing...Love you and miss you..Kisses to all...Mimi and Papa

    ReplyDelete