Sunday, March 16, 2008

The ties that bind.

Getting used to living over here is pretty tough. I go outside and the first thing I notice is every other dude is wearing a dress... then I look arbitrarily to the left or right and I can't read street signs or shop names. It's 90 degrees and March. I know I am being just one big complainer, but other than the "job" workers, I haven't seen a single other American since I've been here. And it is so much harder getting used to a new home when everything, literally everything about it, is unfamiliar.

On a more positive note, tonight we went to dinner at a Korean Resturant. It was very cool. Take off your shoes and sit on the floor and everything (see Stu below...and that is Matt across from him). It was very good. I had Dumpling Soup and Stu had this beef stuff that started with a "p". Can't remember now what it was called.


Since I haven't posted since then, the other night at poker I won 500 Dirhams. That was pretty cool for the first time playing with these guys. I got to meet a lot of the guys Stu works with and a couple of their wives.

Well, Kaden is up again, so much for going to sleep. Got to go.

2 comments:

  1. Not that anyone reads this thing this far back anymore, but now that've eaten there ten times, the meal Stu gets is called Pulgogi. It's really, REALLY good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is so good and if anyone wants to try it you can make it from home, all you need to do is find recipes online.

    ReplyDelete