Monday, August 4, 2008

"New" Clothes!

Yesterday we got a couple boxes from Stu’s parents. They sent some toys for Kaden’s birthday and some boxes of muffins and brownies for us (YUM!... which I jumped on making as soon as they were out of the box!), but they also sent some clothes that I had pulled out of our suitcases and left with them while we were visiting back in March. Our suitcases had been pushing the weight limit and I didn’t want to have to worry about it as Kaden and I were about to embark on our own to a foreign country. So I left some of Kaden’s clothes and mine for them to ship. It was like Christmas again when we opened the boxes yesterday! I had been eagerly awaiting my khaki pants that I’d left, but forgot about any other clothes. Of course, the pants, which barely fit me back in March, and way too big now (figures). And Kaden has missed out on some of the clothes because I stupidly left 6-9 month outfits instead of the larger outfits, but it was nice to get not one but TWO more pairs of pants for me (another that I’d since forgotten about), and a couple shirts. So here I am celebrating my “new” clothes! (Ignore the lack of make-up… that’s not the part we’re focusing on!)



Then last night we had burritos (the taco shells we bought, which are imported, only had ONE shell that survived unbroken…) and Kaden had one with beans and cheese and avocado. He decided to wear it more than eat it… thought I’d share.


That’s pretty much it from me. I’ve been trying to sort out our insurance issues. We haven’t received our cards yet so we don’t have anything other than our Saudi ones, which I doubt will work in the US! Kaden needs a well-baby check-up and shots when we go home, so hopefully we can get that worked out before we get there. Otherwise I am just waiting for the hours to pass until 2 1/2 days are gone so we can get the heck out of here! The days are seriously moving SO SLOW. But I am so looking forward to getting home and getting to see some family and friends! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. OMG i'm sooo jealous! Have a great time and enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete