Saturday, August 23, 2008

Races

Day 2 & 3: Maddy’s Race

So after a good night’s sleep… Stu and I got up at 5 to watch TV and contemplate why the heck we were up. I was thrilled to get some Peanut Butter Crunch for breakfast and smell the cool, grassy air coming in the windows.

We got to go watch Maddy race Supercross out at Airway Heights. That was a blast! We got some pretty good pictures so be sure to check them out. This is a pretty new sport for my family. When I lived at home they hadn’t discovered it yet, so it was cool to learn about it and see my baby sister so brave and OLD now! She did great and it was so cool to watch something so adrenaline-filled! It’s almost like the last 30 seconds of one of my brother’s basketball games. I just love watching them play their sports. I am so sad about how much I am missing.

It took about 6 minutes for Stu to start planning Kaden’s Motocross future. Lol. They can start racing at 3 so Stu is pretty stoked. The little kids out there on their bikes were the cutest things I’ve ever seen. For the younger kids the parents are allowed to go out and stand around the track so they can help them up if they fall down (since they’re too tiny to pick their bikes back up by themselves!).

Stu and I treated our intestines to some chili dogs and tater tots. Even as we bought them Stu said, “I can’t believe we’re doing this!” But they were sooooo good.

I also ran into my friend Kale from High School. I had talked to her before we came home about trying to get together while I was there. She just had baby Easton a couple months ago and he was so sweet in person. It is always nice to catch up with people you haven’t seen in years, so that was pretty fun. Her brother was there racing in the age group above my sister.

Marcia and Flower unexpectedly showed up a day earlier than we expected so they surprised us at the race! Flower got to see her Kaden finally and we all got to chat and hang out while the sound of the bikes thundered all around us. I found a new sport to love.

Maddison getting her bike out of the truck at the beginning of the day.

The Blue Angels were having an Air Show at Fairchild Air Force Base (which is across the street basically) so we got a free show between the races. They also inadvertently did a fly over during the National Anthem... it seemed very appropriate.

Dad giving Maddy some last minute pointers before she raced.


There she is coming around a corner!


Me, thoroughly enjoying myself.


Kaden and Daddy having a moment.

Yay! Flower finally holding her Sir!

All of us playing on the grass.

Marcia kept saying, "Oh my Gosh!" as each rider came up over the hill.
I love how you can see the dirt flying

The track.

1 comment:

  1. We can't wait to see her race someday! It's something that is hard to imagine...that little thing (and she is still little, physically) racing and keeping right up with all the b o y s!! Way to go, Maddison!! haha Now, when you get Kaden his first bike, make sure we are informed so we can make a trip to see him! That is going to be a real treat!!! Love you!!! Mimi and Papa

    ReplyDelete