Saturday, March 14, 2009

Beach Bum.

We had a great weekend. On Friday we took Kaden to the beach in the morning, which was pretty fun. He had a great time playing with his new sand toys and walking with his sandy feet on Mommy’s towel, sprinkling her and her book with sand. I ended up with a sunburn on my shoulders and upper back (I wear a tank top, so luckily the rest of my back was spared). Kaden and I took a nap in the afternoon and then we went to the Flower and finished up our night with a bootleg showing of Twilight (yay!).

Today we went grocery shopping in the morning and then I got together with the girls for our monthly knitting group. It was nice to see everyone, as always. Lulu made it to her final group meeting as she is out of here after this month (lucky!). It is always sad to see people go, but I suppose that is the crutch of being an expat. I will always be grateful for having known her since she taught me how to knit, which I have absolutely grown to love. She definitely will be missed.

Here are some pictures from the beach since I was a big failure with the camera last time! Enjoy!

Yay for new beach toys!






Splashing in the water!

Daddy!

4 comments:

  1. I want to go to the beach...but wait! I won't wear a bathing suit...will it be too hot for jeans and t-shirt?? LOL Kaden looks like he's having a blast...has he tried "tasting" sand yet?? ha Will he go in the water by himself yet? A great day there and a great day here too! Both with sun, which is the best!! Love you..have fun when you go again! Mimi and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just me, or is his hair suddenly brown?!
    xoxo*HannaH*oxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddy said "Look at Stu, He's all fit" and she also said "oooo, Kaden is getting OLD!!" So there you have it, I think that says it all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I like your blogs too - two of my favourite things, cooking and reading. Thanks for the nice words. You have the cutest family...

    Cheers,
    AM

    ReplyDelete