Tuesday, March 10, 2009

One Year in Exile...

If ya'll check your Facebook page often, you may have already noticed that Stu mentioned we've officially been here a year. Yep... One. Whole. Year.

It's kind of amazing to think about it really. I mean, a year ago my little monkey had just learned to crawl and definitely wasn't anywhere near understanding what we were saying to him. Today he asked to "eat" dinner, then wanted a "dink" to go with it... I asked him if he liked his dinner and he said, "Nummm". Yep, things have definitely changed. He also got to talk to Momma E on the phone the other night and told her he loved her. Sweet baby.

(I should pause here to mention that I just had to take a break from writing this to go clean up the dinner that my little talker just dumped on the floor... super-stain food Lasagna, too. Little shit.)

Anyway, so a year. Hoo-ray. We're both pretty over being here and are eagerly counting down the days until our Rome trip, but the year bonus will be a nice addition to our bank account, so why complain?

I have been passing my time by watching and re-watching (and watching again) Twilight while I intermittently read my favorite excerpts from Midnight Sun (please, Stephenie Meyer, for the love of all that is holy, finish it! Please!) and Twilight (before I have to give it back this weekend... gotta get my fill!). Next week I will head on to New Moon again.
Stu has been listening to Kissin 92 and adding up the thousands of dollars until he will feel satisfied that we can go home (ask him, he can tell you EXACTLY what we will have saved if we leave in July, September, November, January, or next March...). :)

We took Kaden to the beach this weekend since Stu had an extra day off because of the Prophet's (pbuh) birthday. So that was nice. Kaden had a great time except for the time he fell in the water face first. He's not a fan of seawater. I got a little sunburn, but it is a vast improvement over the deathly pale tone I've been sporting lately.

School is going well, but it is getting tedious and I'd really just rather it get over with, or have it get more intellectually demanding. I have good grades for now, so I am happy with that at least.
Other than that, we really haven't been doing much else. Same old stuff.

Here are some pics of Kaden over the last year:
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

6 comments:

  1. The "Year in Review" is just what I needed before I go to slumber this morning - It was a great idea to post the pictures like that - I hate that I am missing it!!!
    Love, Mamma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite blog so far!! And thank you for the December 2008 pic of Papa with our little man! He will love it! It's amazing how fast he's grown, but still has that same sweet face: fat cheeks, fantastic blue eyes and that loving grin! What a baby!! Oh, are we boasting or what?? haha Love to all of you! Mimi and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great year in review pics! My little man! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaden is seriously the cutest baby I have ever seen, not kidding! I haven't seen him since August!!

    Isn't Twilight great? New Moon comes out November 20th. :)

    I MISS YOU!

    Love, Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw what gorgeous blue eyes!! Such an amazingly cute baby! Glad you guys are doing well - and vacations are always great to look forward to!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete