Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ramadan Cartoon.

Hala understood exactly what I meant by the blow-up abaya ladies at the mall and she sent me the following links for them. She said they are characters from a cartoon that airs during the month of Ramadan (the holy month). A clip of the cartoon can be seen here and a live performance of the people dressed up like the characters can be seen here. Definitely check out at least the second link. The video is sort of shaky, but how often do you get a chance to see a giant blow up lady in an abaya? Very cool.


This is the cartoon lady the person at the mall was dressed as.
Stu and I went to Al Wahda mall this morning (to pick up some potting soil... but that is another post) and we saw dolls of these characters at the Hallmark store! I was so excited that I knew what they were! :)

1 comment:

  1. Funny.. Desert girl had a picture of them on her blog too - http://desertgirlkuwait.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete