Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Take THAT, baking!

It was inevitable… I was going to try my hand at baking again. So last night Stu was watching Emeril Live (BAM!) and I came in to see Emeril putting the finishing touches on an apple pie. We’re pretty much out of groceries (we shop on Fridays), but we DID have a few apples, so I was like, "Yeah, I want some apple-type dessert!"

So I head over to the computer to Google apple dessert recipes and I find one for an Apple Crisp. Low and behold, it turned out to not only be good, but FABULOUS! I had to force myself to leave the pan alone so Stu could have some when he got back from practice… it was a challenge, let me tell you! But it was nice to have something come out good after screwing up pre-made chocolate chips cookies.

I got to talk to Jen (from work) while it was baking last night and she offered words of encouragement! (And perhaps some yummy recipoes to follow...)

Then, we’re getting calmed down before bath and bedtime and Stu looks over at Kaden and says, “We’re going to have a fat kid!” This is what fat baby looked like, all slouched down watching TV…


I love this one because his smile is exactly Stu's smile! Cute babies!

1 comment: