Sunday, August 23, 2009

August 11th: Day Seven

Kaden woke up at 7 and was a brat until everyone else woke up. He was crying and screaming and wanted to go outside and then when we did he wanted to go right back in, etc. But then once everyone else was up, Connie made us all a huge breakfast that included eggs, grits, toast, jam, sausage, bacon, and fruit.

Afterwards, Stu, Hayden, Maddy and I went to Walmart to buy another suitcase for us to take home with us (we only brought one, already packed to the 50 pound bag limit for the three of us and it quickly became clear what a bad idea that had been). My brother and sister are so funny! We laughed and joked the whole way through the store. I took a picture on Hayden’s camera phone, so I don’t have it, but at one point I turn around and the two of them are laying side-by-side in an aisle trying out the airplane head-rest pillows. I almost peed my pants I laughed so hard.

When we got back, everyone but Kaden and I went to Great grandma and granddad’s to visit with them while Kaden napped and I got us all packed up and ready to go.

After meeting the Greats for dinner at Gardner’s, we headed off for the beach house with Hayden riding with us. I felt bad for him, because after a long day, Kaden was a terror and was being mean to him and crying a lot of the way. Hayden was a trooper though and helped out a ton on the way there. We made it by nightfall and went for a walk on the beach before turning in for a good night’s sleep.

Stuart driving.


In the car with his aunt "ma-i-son-non" and uncle "haynen"




No comments:

Post a Comment