Thursday, January 3, 2013

Anniversary Dinner.


My husband is so sweet. He surprised me tonight by making a several-course, homemade dinner for me to celebrate our anniversary which is tomorrow. But here’s the thing, he’s WAY more romantic than I could ever hope to be. He thinks of things I don’t consider and is so much better at it than me.

So, with that in mind, he set out to recreate a favorite memory of mine: my best meal ever. When we went to Rome, Italy, we were treated to a little off-the-beaten-path restaurant where I had a mushroom-cream pasta dish that was literally the best thing I’ve ever eaten, since before then and to this day. So freaking good. So Stu decided to recreate that. He found a recipe and then altered it to the best of his memory and it was so close! Of course no one can compare to fresh, homemade pasta and the freshest ingredients straight from the fields, but he came damn close! :) He also improved bruschetta by grilling slices of baguette and then adding scallions and bacon to the tomatoes and basil. Holy. Yum. He also was so thoughtful as to choose a Chianti for the dinner like we had over there and then a Moscato for the dessert course. He is great. And it was a lovely meal. Even Kaden was thrilled with it and he despises mushrooms as a rule.

Great effort though, and I absolutely appreciate him taking the time to do it for me. Sweet boy. 


Me in Rome, with the amazing meal, 2009.

And Stu's recreation. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment