Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Me.


So it’s Resolutiony time again. I’m not huge on making them, but I get that it’s a good time to reevaluate what’s going on in your life and see if there are positive changes you can make. And I have decided to make some.

So, as everyone can tell, I’ve got some weight to lose. Sure. But that is only a small part of the changes I want to see in myself. So I have decided to make this year a little more about ME in general. I tend to put myself dead last on my priorities list. This may seem like a good thing, but I have realized more and more that I am losing sight of who I am as a person, independent of all of the things and people that make me “me.” Therefore, my New Year’s Resolution is to make myself better. I want to focus more on my body, mind, and spirit and make sustainable changes. Taking better care of myself will only make me a better mother, wife, lover, student, colleague… and it is probably long overdue.

So, with that said, I DO want to lose weight like everyone else on the planet, but I also want so much more than that. Here’s hoping 2013 can be a great year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment