Thursday, November 27, 2008

Be Thankful.

Yesterday was Thanksgiving and since we weren’t going to be celebrating it until today, Stu and I decided to take Kaden to the beach. Because on how many other Thanksgivings in his life will that even be an option? Lol. So we packed up and headed to Abu Dhabi Public Beach (which costs 5 Dirham to get into and is still just as dirty as the free beach… and with more ants).
We had a good time until Kaden face planted in the sand! Haha Poor baby.

We were both pretty bummed that we weren’t at my Mom’s house for food. But we tried to make the most of it. As always, there was no shortage of odd happenings. Yesterday I woke up to the sound of a helicopter in my bathroom. Apparently the fan is dying and it smells like hot electronics and sounds like a freaking Black Hawk screaming through vents. Since TITME, we can’t get a repair man until Saturday, inshallah. Which more than likely actually means Wednesday of three weeks from today. We will see.

Then poor Kaden is cutting his eye teeth (3 of the 4 at once) and is…. Well…. Not the happiest camper that ever did live. So we’re all getting through that as best as we can.

Last night we watched another Episode of Band of Brothers and then tried to go to sleep… with said chopper still lingering. It was tough and I know at least I didn’t get to sleep until well after one and then was reawakened just after seven from the fabulous noise.

Today we’re going shopping for groceries and then heading to Matt’s tonight for food. I will be sure to take some pictures.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I am thankful for my family and my true friends. I am also thankful for the opportunity we were given to get ahead for our future. I’m thankful for the perspective and cultural understanding I’ve gained since living here, and especially for my good fortune of being an American and all the wonderful things our country offers its citizens.

Here are pictures from OUR Thanksgiving! :)







2 comments:

  1. you lucky the Aircondition fan decieded to try when the climate is better..
    ahh lovely thanksgiving at the beach ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't wish you a Happy Thanksgiving on YOUR Thanksgiving because it was the day before OUR Thanksgiving and that just always screws my brain up! I hope you had a great one, probably the most unique you will ever have! I am mostly sorry you will miss the lighting ceremony, but I will miss it too this year, so we will be bummed together! It started snowing here at about 11 and its now sticking. No crutches in the snow! No way!
    I love you and miss you millions!!!
    Mamma

    ReplyDelete