Sunday, November 16, 2008

Packages = Christmas Time!

We LOVE getting boxes from family. There is nothing that can change the monotony of our day like a box full of goodies we just can't get here. Yesterday we had double Christmas when boxes from both Marcia and Mary-Leah arrived together! Stu was having a particularly homesick day too, so this was the perfect remedy.

We got magazine and books, jammies (yay!), CANDY (which I promptly opened for a before-dinner snack), and everything that was on our wish list!!! Thank you guys for once again making our day.

I started reading (per Marcia's request) Three Cups of Tea last night after failing miserably at getting excited about White Oleander (I just don't get reading ultra-depressing books). So hopefully this goes well. I already stayed up way too late last night after diving right in. I'll let you know how it goes.

In other news, guess what? Yesterday morning I woke up to......... THE SOUND OF RAIN! Even after 9 months of no rain, the sound is unmistakable. I was grinning even before I opened my eyes, then I jumped out of bed and opened the bedroom window to get some smelling in. It was great. It only rained for about an hour, but it was well worth it!

8 comments:

  1. getting rain here is like getting snow everywhere else!! run outside and start playing!! dancing and singing and hoping that they close the schools!

    if only people would ramember that 10 months of no rain means VERY slick roads... it's like driving on ice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad the package arrived - another one should soon follow! I sent two just days apart. You'll have to let me know how Three Cups of Tea is - that's on my wish list for reading! Love you!! Mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mamma has been slacking! I can't carry the packages and crutch to the post office, but Nana is back now! yah! so you should have it in a week or so. this first one has a bunch of junky stuff in it - newspaper mags, shirts for the boy and Stu's B-day present. The next couple are sitting here opened and I'll finish them off with books for Sir. I think about you all the time! I Love You!!
    MammaE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to ask my mom if I can go shopping for your presents today! I'll send it as soon as I can! Love you! XOXO, Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! Glad you got it! That book is amazing. The author will be here tomorrow night (11/17) at BSU --we are all going to hear him speak. I am especially interested in an update since the end of the book and will let you know. Love and miss you! - GREAT Aunt Marcia :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to purchase THREE CUPS OF TEA for everyone I haven"t already given it to for Christmas. It is the most inspirational book I have read in a long time and its author, Greg Mortenson is absolutely amazing. Proof positive that each and every one of us can make a difference in whatever we choose to do to contribute in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That book was on the required reading list for just about every college in our area, except WSU. The author has been all over the place talking to students and whatnot. Let me know how it is. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete