Saturday, November 15, 2008

Turbo

We had a nice, cool, weekend! It has been so nice outside. It’s still hot, don’t get me wrong, I’m still sweating if I do anything more strenuous than walking, but it is so great to be outside and have it be enjoyable!

This Friday as I mentioned in my last post, we had to do our border run. We ended up too rushed in the afternoon and I had to miss the Knitting meeting which sounds like it went very well. I’m bummed that I missed it, but I will definitely go to the next one!

Friday night we went to Tony’s again and grilled. We called it a night early and came home to register for classes for Fall Semester. I’m taking a full schedule this time around to hopefully get some more done while I have nothing better to be doing during the day! Haha.

On Saturday we went to the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center (ADNEC) for their TURBO exhibit. It showcased the obnoxious vehicles of the Dhab. The cool part was watching the Team Orange Drifters (you know them from The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift). There was an area blocked off in the parking lot where they were showing off their skills. It really was pretty cool. We ran into Lindsay and her hubby while we were there and got to watch the drifting with her which was really nice. I stole this picture from her blog since our camera batteries died a few pics into the exhibit.


I thought it was also worth noting that in today's edition of The National there was an article highlighting the dangers of drifting in Abu Dhabi. While we were watching them I even said to Stu that this is NOT the kind of thing they should be teaching the Emiratis with their super expensive cars and low regard for human life. Driving could get even more dangerous here than it already is!

Stu was in charge of the camera and I didn't see these until we got home... not sure why they are so off center and not of full vehicles, but here is a taste of what we saw!

My boys with this pimped out orange thing.

The interior


This is what I mean by ridiculous "Dhab" cars... 24 ct gold plating... on a Toyota Camry. Seriously.





A very orange Escalade.



This one, I'll admit, was freaking awesome. This is the paint job on the hood of a car.



A Hummer missing its roof


I just liked the paint job on this one.


Kaden was terrified of the truck beside us and for whatever reason Stu didn't really get the bike, but I wanted to show how small this motorcycle was... Kaden is standing next to it.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I've never seen The Fast and the Furious lol. But the cars look cool! Sounds like you guys had a good time! =] Stay cool! XOXO, Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same shorts as your husband!

    ReplyDelete