Monday, February 23, 2009

The Verdict is in...

... and Night shift is...

... pretty ok actually. It was TOTALLY screwed up yesterday and I was ready for bed at 8:30 while Kaden was still chasing balls I threw for him (yes, I play fetch with my kid) at 11:00. Stu got home and Kaden stayed up long enough to get thrilled that his Daddy was home, give kisses, and go to bed. Meanwhile, I got a second (third? fourth?) wind and was ready and rearing to go at midnight. Needless to say, when Kaden got up at seven I thought I was going to die. So I laid him back down and told him it was "still night time" and he went back to sleep until 8:30. Much better. Although, for some reason I seriously suck at sleeping and it took me until eight to get back to sleep after he woke up. So I still didn't get enough sleep, but it was much better than seven!

I'm hoping he's more on the same schedule today and we can stay up late without much fighting. But it's actually pretty cool having Stu here in the morning and gone when we're all a little more relaxed. I worked out again this morning, which was great to do while Kaden is not trying to climb on the elliptical with me. By the time Stu had to leave, Kaden was ready to have some time away from us playing alone in his room, and I got to get on my school site and get some stuff done. Pretty good so far. Stu said we'll all go up on the roof tomorrow morning... which is one thing I AM looking forward to about summer coming. In spite of the suffocating heat, it DOES feel good to feel the heat seeping into your pores. Just not while you're trying to go grocery shopping or for a walk. When it's intentional, it's nice. Too bad we can't turn it on and off as we desire! :)

Anyway, so now starts day two of backwards week. I am going to go make some "dinner" for Stu to take for "lunch" tomorrow. I hope everyone else is doing well!

Oh, some news! I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell or not, so I'll be sly, but I just found out one of my friends from Boise is pregnant again! Yay! So now, after not having ANYONE to knit baby stuff for, I now have TWO friends that are having babies! Yay! So it's definitely a trip to The Green Branch for some yarn sometime soon. Now I just have to find some simpler patterns for my painfully beginner hands! Yay for babies! AND, they're going to be due right around the same time too. God, it makes me want to come home so much more now.

No comments:

Post a Comment