Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Stu!

Yesterday was Stu's 25th Birthday! Since I don't have the means to get out of the house without him, I decided to make him a framed collage of his Jiu-Jitsu tournaments. He really seemed to like it, but I REALLY can't wait to get back to where they have WAL-MART and I can do some REAL gift shopping, lol! But I also made him dinner of artichokes, crab cakes with an avocado dip, and tortilla roll-ups. I also dressed up Sprite (since we don't drink) with strawberries which were cute and fun.

We also got a package from Stu's parents yesterday that had a brownie mix in it (and some shirts for Stu and I, thanks! :)). That became the "birthday cake" since we forgot we used the last cake mix we had on hand and I couldn't make him a cake. So we had Birthday Brownies! I feel like such a failure wife here though. I am normally the one who goes all-out for birthdays and holidays with themed decorations and appetizers, etc. Here, I can't take a cab without risking my son's life. To her credit, Sam offered to pick something up for me yesterday because she was going out, but by then I'd already figured out what i was going to do. I just can't wait to be able to drive and do things (GROCERY SHOP!!!) by myself.

Anyway, here are some pics from last night. Stu refused to let me take his picture since he came home and immediately put on a t-shirt and boxer shorts for the evening. He looked handsome though! We made the best of what we had to work with!

4 comments:

  1. You are such a good wife! As they say, necessity is the mother of invention, and you made a nice dinner out of what you had. And I say birthday brownies are better than cake anyday! Happy Birthday Stu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Stu! Hope you guys had an awesome dinner! OMG Kaden looks so big in that picture! Its so sad to think that his cousins won't be able to see him until he is 2 or older...=( Keep the pics coming! Love you! XOXO Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Stu (a day late). Your dinner looks great and personally I prefer birthday brownies to birthday cake.
    Send me your crab cake recipe, they look yummy and I can't find a good recipe (I cheat and buy the frozen kind a Sams but don't tell my hubby).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I think you did a wonderful job on Stu's birthday. It's the thought that counts and I'm sure he appreciated it! You have very pretty dishes, too....I love them! Everything looks so pretty! I sent Stu and "day before" birthday greeting, but a few days late, once again we wish you many, many more birthdays full of fun and LOVE! I know a little Man who loves you very much so what else is there to life anyway??? haha Love you!! Mimi and Papa

    ReplyDelete