Monday, December 24, 2012

In-laws.

Stu's parents drove out to visit from Michigan and arrived today. At first the kids were sort of freaked out, but they warmed up fast, and are now just happy to have additional playmates and people to give them attention. I started to feel sick today, like a cold, and it has been a rough time. I hate getting sick and I thought I was doing pretty good this winter so far, so of course I have to get sick on my only week off from work. Figures.

We had Mimi and Papa and Doug come over for dinner tonight and that was a blast. I love my family so much and they are always so supportive and helpful. I have no idea what I would do without their support in my life. Papa came dressed as Santa Claus and read the Humphrey book and Twas the Night Before Christmas to the kids before they went to bed. I love this age with all of them. Lila is just starting to understand that something exciting is coming and that this is different than any other day, Jackson is THRILLED with all things Christmas and every time we drive by a house with lights on it, screams, "It's Christmas!" And Kaden is the perfect age for the wonder and magic that is Christmas and Santa and believing in something you can't see. I can still remember the way it felt to KNOW Santa was real and I to this day swear I saw Santa when we had Christmas at Mimi and Papa's in Redmond when I was like 10 or 11. I saw his sleigh fly across the moon. I know I did.

We worked hard to set up Santa gifts and now it is time for night-night and waiting to see the kids faces in the morning when they see what Santa brought.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment