Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sunday.

After all of the elbow grease I used yesterday at the old house, I was a hurting unit when I woke up this morning. We had decided we were going to have a "relaxing day" today, but that went out the window pretty fast. There is never enough time during the week to get everything accomplished and so the weekends are always just so jammed full.

We took the kids to the old house to finish up some last things there and to give them a chance to say goodbye. Kaden expressed to me that while he is happy and likes the new house, he was sad that we had to leave the old house. I told him there are lots of times in life where we feel happy and sad at the same time, and that is ok. I told him that even though I love the new house and all the space we have, and all the great things the new house has that the old one didn't, that I was sad we had to leave it too. He seemed to feel better and later in the day told me he loves his new house and especially that he has his very own bathroom in his room.

We let the kids have fun and play outside there and Lila tried snow for the first time. :) It was a great last memory to have with the kids there and I got some pictures in between their adventures. I am glad we ended it there on a very high (though wet and soggy) note.

No comments:

Post a Comment